Monday, March 9, 2009

Never mind, Chong Wei

Yesterday I watched the Yonex All England Open Men's Single final.

Sorry to say, I was a bit disappointed. How could Chong Wei lose to Lin Dan again?

Why again China must win? Why again is China the forever-badminton-champion?

My friend sms-ed me right after the match, and she told me her great disappointment. Yea, I was sad too, to see Chong Wei making mistakes one after another, and Lin Dan gained points again and again with quite-an-ease. But both of us agreed that, Chong Wei played lots better than last year's Olympics.

Had you guys watched the semifinal when Chong Wei confronted Taufik Hidayat? That was a real great match. Both of them were very fast in every step but yet, Chong Wei managed to beat Taufik, sending him back home with big regrets.

And on the other side, Chen Jin surrendered to Lin Dan even before the match ended. Why would Chen Jin do that? Well, I doubt that China actually intended to....

You know, Chen Jin may not be able to defeat Chong Wei.

My friend said, although Chong Wei lost the champion, he still made few spectacular saves and smashes. Yeah she's right. And I could hear the crowd of Malaysian audience cheering for Chong Wei even though it was Lin Dan who stepped on the champion stage instead of Chong Wei.

And the funniest thing was, I heard someone shouting from the audience seats when the second match reached 20-12. The person yelled so loudy that I could hear every word he/she say,
"Lee Chong Wei, 我爱你!!!! (wo ai ni!!!!) "
[Lee Chong Wei, I love you!!!!]

Oh my god, was it a girl who screamed that out? Ah moi ah moi, Chong Wei has girlfriend already la. Haha =P

Anyway, the All England still ended up to be an all China affair. China is too strong, we all will have to admit this.

But yeah, never mind Chong Wei. You still have other champions waiting for you. You're still the world's no.1, you are always the best in every Malaysian's heart. Because, you indeed make all of us proud.

Gambathe in your future Chong Wei!!!!

No comments: