Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Psychology or not?

Alright, final decision i guess.

A-level, HELP University College, january intake, staying at its new hostel.

Before this, i had struggled a lot. A level or foundation or matriculation or STPM? Later after pre-u, psychology?

'WAT?? PSYCHO?? What ur future ll be? Social worker? oh no...not much wages earned...human resource? haha...that's a poor department in a company. counsellor? psychologist? U think u can be a successful one? Everyone is aiming for this job, oh ya, perhaps one day the demands for this career are getting more, but come to think of it, there are many people having same thoughts as u, and will u be able to fight and cope with it? unless u study for psychiatrist, it will be just nice, but u have to study for more than 6 yrs! Can u tahan?'

'Are you serious? My nephew took psychology but then he regretted. He had to start all over again in advertising bcuz he couldn't find a job for his psychology profession. He used to counsel prisoners but he was afraid to see those prisoners were more expert in talking than him! Think over seriously, pschology doesn't really provide you a stable future.'

The 1st response was from my aunt, and the 2nd was from her husband. Both of them are professionals, my aunt is a GM in Petronas, earning RM30K each month, and her husband, my uncle is dunno wat post in Alliance Bank, earning about RM30K monthly too. Ya, they are rich, and they can think more maturely than me. They know many things bout jobs and pays.

The real case about my uncle's nephew who couldn't find job after studying psychology scares me. Sometimes i'm also thinking, whether psychology can really promise me a nice job. Frankly speaking, i have studied so much, i have got good result, what are all these for? What else if i'm not longing for a high-paid job and a rich me?

So i choose A-level. Maybe some said that it's enough for me who is going to take psychology as undergraduate course to take only foundation or matri as pre-u, since it saves time and it's cheaper, but i still prefer A-level. Who noes my mind will change? Who noes one day psychology degree will be out of my thinking box in the future? I'm still doubting, my dreams or reality.

DREAM - Psychology, earning not much, high percentage of having no satisfied job in future(although there are some who are exceptional, they are few compared to others, honestly)
REALITY - A course i dun really like, but pays me high salary in return.

Maybe i will chooe reality. I'm going to fly overseas for further studies, so A-level is my choice. No doubts on that anymore. Anyway, if i study A-level, i can study any course, at anywhere i like! ^^

No comments: